Postpartum depression is a serious disorder that should be talked about openly; women can overcome it with therapy, medication, or treatment like Zulresso.
Zulresso helps ease both emotional and physical symptoms of postpartum depression. This treatment helps reduce feelings of hopelessness, rage, anxiousness, or thoughts of harming oneself or one’s baby. It can also alleviate symptoms such as body aches and pains, changes in appetite, and issues sleeping or oversleeping.
If you are struggling with any of these symptoms, please contact East Valley ER & Hospital or your healthcare provider.
The phrase “baby blues” refers to the common feelings of sadness, anxiety, or fatigue new mothers can experience after childbirth. However, if those feelings increase and become more severe over time, it may be postpartum depression. Symptoms of postpartum depression, like feelings of hopelessness or exhaustion, can interfere with your ability to function and could make it difficult to care for yourself or your baby.
Signs of postpartum depression include:
- Frequent or uncontrollable sadness or crying
- Feeling exhausted but not being able to sleep
- Unexplainable irritability, anxiety, or anger
- Sleeping too much
- Feeling out of control
- Unexplained aches, illnesses, or pains
- Difficulty remembering things
- Feeling worthless or guilty
- Losing interest in things you used to enjoy
- Feeling the need to escape
- Intrusive thoughts about hurting yourself or your baby